April 11th, 2014
Holidays are coming…..
The Easter holidays are nearly here! Only a few more days of work and school to go and then the nation can breathe a collective sigh of relief and say “aaaaaah holidays!” Well, that is if you are on holiday, and if you’re not – then why not!? Come and join us here at the Oakeley Arms in Snowdonia for a lovely Easter break.
Easter in Snowdonia is one of the nicest times of year – spring has sprung, the lambs are jumping in the field, the mountains look clear and fresh and the sea is crisp (and maybe a teeny bit icy, but it’ll certainly wake you up if you fancy a dip!). There really is nowhere better, and with a heatwave promised (yes, you read that right, see our previous blog post here) you’d be mad not to pay us a visit.
But, just what is there to entertain the family over the Easter hols? There’s no shortage! Here are our top tips….
- Gypsy Wood Park – a super fun family friendly animal park, complete with train ride and woodland walk.
- Zip World – an action and adrenalin fuelled adventure where you’ll speed along zip-wires at up to 70mph!
- Harlech Castle – spark your little ones imaginations and go back to medieval times with a trip around this stunning fortress.
- Beach bum – there are loads of lovely beaches within spitting distance of the Oakeley Arms. Try the beaches at Harlech, Criccieth, Barmouth or Borth-y-Gest.
- Anglesey Sea Zoo – there are lots of things to do on sunny Anglesey, but the Sea Zoo is one of the best! Lots of fishy fun for all the family.
- Snowdon Railway – well, you could climb all the way to the top, or you could get the train!!
And of course, if you haven’t sorted your accommodation for the Easter holidays yet, then check out our website for our fantastic range of accommodation options – from cute self catering cottages to fully serviced and traditionally styled hotel rooms.
See you soon! And have a happy Easter in Snowdonia, whatever you get up to….