July 12th, 2012
The Met Office has confirmed that last month was the wettest June since records began, and to be honest, it’s not looking much brighter here at the Oakeley. Any more cloudy days and we’ll have forgotten what the beautiful Snowdon scenery looks like!
But, never ones to let a rain-drop or two (more like two million…..) get us down we got to thinking about rainy day things to do. So here are some of our favourite Oakeley Rainy Day activities:
- Hop over to the Oakeley Arms bar for a delicious pint and some comfort food (had to be top of the list!).
- Write the Oakeley blog. We love keeping everyone updated with all the goings-on here, and locally. If you’re inspired, why not try writing your own blog?
- Bake a cake! We need to get practising for the Oakeley Clwb Pwdin, and there’s usually no shortage of volunteers to test the creations!
- Snuggle up with a good book and a glass of wine; a rare treat these days, but a lovely indulgence.
- Brave the rain! Who was it who said there’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing? We could dig out the wellies and the waterproofs and head out for a walk, but on the other hand, we could just stay on the sofa….
- Hide and seek! Who’s up for a game? Don’t forget to count to 100, and try a variation on the classic where the “hider” has to try and move from room to room without getting spotted! Just don’t leave us locked in the cellar…
- Be a tourist! There are loads of fabulous places to visit locally that we often take for granted and never get around to visit. We could take a trip on the Ffestiniog Railway, visit the slate mines at Llechwedd Blaenau Ffestiniog or get all cultured at the magnificent Penrhyn Castle.
- Just doing nothing! “dolce far niente” is how the Italians put it, literally meaning “the sweetness of doing nothing”, and who are we to disagree?? Now if you don’t mind, we’re off to practise just that!
Tell us your favourite rainy day things to do! Leave a comment below 🙂