June 12th, 2019
For a festival with a difference this summer, sign up for some of the fascinating events and programmes on offer at some of the country’s best arts festivals.
If the thought of a festival conjures up images of muddy fields, loud music and raucous teenagers then it’s time to think again…..This summer our beautiful North Wales region will come alive with the sounds and sights of a different kind of celebration, as increasingly summer festivals become more about the arts, literature and poetry than pop music and hotdogs.
The region’s arts festivals are all about new experiences, established and emerging talents and something to tickle all the senses. You’ll find traditional forms of art at exhibitions packed with watercolours, oils, sculptures and sketches, as well as more unusual forms of visual and performing arts such as storytelling performances, song-craft and string bands, to name a few. Arts festivals can also encompass the traditional music festivals, as well as literary and craft festivals. There really is something for everyone!
Get set for a summer full of festivals. Here are our pick of the best in the region….
- Llandudno Jazz Festival 26th – 28th July, Llandudno
- North Wales Arts Fest 14th and 15th September, Colwyn Bay
- Llandudno Arts Weekend 13 – 15th September, Llandudno
- GladFest 6th-8th September – A literary Festival in Gladstone’s Library, Flintshire
- The Good Life Festival 12th -15th September – A festival of music, food and books, Hawarden, Flintshire.