March 18th, 2019
This week, on March 20th, is the International Day of Happiness. Now, if you’re wondering what on earth that is, it was created by a former UN special advisor in 2013 to celebrate, inspire and advance the global happiness movement. The date of March 20th is significant because it is the Spring Equinox, a natural phenomenon felt across the world, and the day has since become synonomous across all UN states as a symbol of happiness.
UN Secretary Ban Ki moon said in 2015 “Happiness for the entire human family is one of the main goals of the United Nations,” and called upon all human beings to “dedicate our efforts to filling our world with happiness.” The UN has since recognised happiness as one of the human rights.
You can find out more information on the official Happiness Day website – www.happinessday.org but in the meantime, if you’re in need of a little happiness inspiration, here’s some of the things that make us happy. Why not try one (or two, or three!) on March 20th??
- A delicious breakfast – the one thing that’s certain to put a smile on our faces is a happy start to the day. Treat yourself to your dream breakfast and eat with a smile 🙂 Or pop down to the Oakeley Arms and join us for a yummy breakfast.
- Phone a friend – catching up with a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while is one of life’s little pleasures. Make time for a hello and a catch up.
- Walkies – heading out into the countryside of Snowdonia is guaranteed to make us smile, rain or shine.
- Beach days – we think the feeling of sand between the toes is one of life’s little pleasures. Head to the beach for happy hour
- Curl up with a good book – take time to relax and unwind with a good book and an hour. Heaven!
- Good Pud – why not truly put a smile on your face and indulge in a delicious pudding or a sweet treat. Chocolate for me please – yum, I’m smiling 🙂