June 11th, 2018
Father’s Day will soon be here (this year it’s on Sunday 17th June). And we’re wondering if Dad’s getting a little fed-up of the pair of socks, DVD or old crooner CD that usually comes his way on Father’s Day. We’ve decided to think outside the box this year and are doing away with the tired old traditional presents.
If you’re scratching your head wondering what on earth to get Pops again this year, then look no further than our alternative Father’s Day present list…..
- A bunch of flowers – not just the realm of Mums, men can appreciate a good bunch of blooms too. Look for bright and simple colours like reds, yellows and oranges, but if you know his favourite colour, then make this the theme of the bouquet.
- Beer Subscription – there are lots of companies out there now offering to send beer in the post for a subscription fee – it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
- Lunch – what about treating Dad to lunch here at the Oakeley Arms? What better way to make it on to his “favourite child” list?!?
- Adventure – buy Dad a present he won’t forget in the form of a gift voucher for some of Snowdonia’s brilliant adventure days. He could zip wire over the quarry at Zip World, go surfing at Surf Snowdonia or bounce to his heart’s content at Bounce Below!
- Beach Day – pack a picnic filled with Dad’s favourites and head to one of our gorgeous beaches for a fun-filled family day. Why not pack some favourite old-school games like boules, cricket or rounders too? And don’t forget the beers!
- Make a Splash – why not treat Dad to a sea day with a difference and buy a voucher for a Stand Up Paddleboarding lesson? The latest craze to hit the Welsh coast, this super sport is loads of laughs!
- Dad’s List – why not make Dad a list of challenges and fun days out, one for each week until next father’s day? He can tick off each one as he does them, and that way he’ll be creating everlasting memories. examples could be – climb a mountain, swim in the sea, read a classic book, try a new ale every week……
- Tickets for a festival – there are so many great festivals and events up and down the country every week now – from garden festivals to rock festivals and food fairs to band gigs. There’s bound to be something that Dad will love!
So, held Dad have a happy father’s day in 2018, and create some lasting fun-filled family memories 🙂
And if you’re stuck for what to write in his card, here’s some inspiring Dad quotes:
“He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” Clarence Budington Kelland
“Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.” Bill Cosby
“Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!” Lydia M. Child.
“A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” Author Unknown
“Dad, you’re someone to look up to no matter how tall I’ve grown.” Author Unknown
“The greatest gift I ever had came from God; I call him Dad!” Author Unknown
“I don’t care how poor a man is; if he has family, he’s rich.” M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter
“Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.” Author Unknown
“Almost any man can be a father; it takes someone extremely special to be a dad.” Anne Geddes
“I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection” Sigmund Freud